Learn about the new two day Red Umbrella MHFA training courses.
Our Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
We value this course at £300 per person.
Costs may vary depending on location and instructor – contact the instructor for more information by clicking on a course below.
What to expect
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the two days you'll get a certificate to say you are a Mental Health First Aider.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
We are here to help, whatever the problem.
Depression, Bullying, Anxiety, Gambling, Fear of Job/career prospects, Alcohol Use Disorder (drink at work and post drinking hangovers), Eating disorders, Panic attacks, Bereavement, Substances (illegal and prescribed), Bipolar, OCD, PTSD, Seasonal Affective Disorder (also known as SAD), General Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder.