Learn about the new two day Red Umbrella MHFA training courses.
MHFA Training Agenda
View the Red Umbrella 2 day training course agenda for more information on the course.
IOSH recommendation are taken into consideration as well, that many of the points they make for the downfall in MHFA training and workplace considerations we have implemented in all the MHFA training courses we offer
Why Red Umbrella's MHFA Training?
It's such a benefit to have Mental health First Aiders, but who looks after them, and how do you best implement them
RED UMBRELLA is the only providers of accredited MHFA England training to include all the following for all the delegates on any of our Courses.
- 2 Instructors and trained staff for safeguarding on every course-(this is vital as the course always stirs up emotions-especially over 2 days)
- Full access to our advice telephone lines and email/messaging to receive advice from experienced MHFAiders & Instructors
- Access to our 24/7 Support line
- Full access to our Therapists if required (no charges)
- Access to our unique MHFA online forums.
- Your company receives advice on how to best promote the MHFAiders to all your staff.
Our Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
MHFA Training Cost
MHFA England value this course at £300 per person and even though Red Umbrella includes all the vital add-ons, our cost per person is less than this. Please contact us regards to pricing.
Costs may vary depending on location and instructor – contact the instructor for more information by clicking on a course below.
What To Expect
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the two days you'll get a certificate to say you are a Mental Health First Aider.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
We are here to help, whatever the problem.
Depression, Bullying, Anxiety, Gambling, Fear of Job/career prospects, Alcohol Use Disorder (drink at work and post drinking hangovers), Eating disorders, Panic attacks, Bereavement, Substances (illegal and prescribed), Bipolar, OCD, PTSD, Seasonal Affective Disorder (also known as SAD), General Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder.